Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Marry Me"~Bruno Mars

Time to play catch up....
February 23rd....The Girl Scout cookie truck came in with all of the cookies Lily has been selling.  She sorted and packed everyone's cookies and we have been doing deliveries of said cookies literally all over town (the main reason of me not writing).  Living in Norfolk and having cookie orders literally in every surrounding city and then some and not being able to drive myself made this task a challenge, but as of today I have delivered all but one person's cookies.  (I'm still taking orders, but those that did order have been delivered.....whew!)
March 2nd....Me & the hubby went out to celebrate our anniversary (which will be on the 5th)  Dinner & a Movie...such a wonderful relaxing night.  
March 3rd...Friends came down from Richmond.  Let me just stop here and say that Drea & JJ are amazing people.  Drea & I were dormmates, soon to be roommates and sorority sisters (but even before the sorority we were sisters by adoption according to our parents :-D)  We had our family dinner as usual and Drea & JJ  joined us (poor JJ....Drea knows my family, JJ however was shoved into one of the most craziest of dinners)  
March 5th came and went this year, and I was hoping that I could write this then, but I was stuck on the couch due to the major storms that came through.  So I'm writing it now.  March 5th, 2004 is the date that Josh & I started dating.  March 5th, 2006 is the date Josh asked me to be his wife.  March 5th, 2013 we celebrated 9 years of being together.  People didn't believe us when we said we fell in love and knew we were for each other, but we knew.  We knew we were each other's match.  He and I have different personalities, but we are the same just enough to make us work.  We always say that we are a Ying Yang.  We knew from the beginning that no matter what came our way, we were going to be there for each other.  We have loved each other more and more each day.  We celebrate our wedding anniversary, sure, but we celebrate March 5th as the start of it all.
We met up at VCU, I was a student, he was a friend of a friend.  We both traveled between Richmond & Portsmouth to spend time with each other.  We made our time apart as best as we couldWe worked hard at our relationship.  Always honest, even if it upset the other person, it made us stronger.  We faced multiple challenges, but we've always made it out holding each other's hands, pushing forward.  
Happy Anniversary to my love :-)
March 6th came with a vengence this year.   This major storm came through the east coast and knocked me on my tail.  It was one of my worse symptom days, but I got through it.  I have wonderful awesome neighbors who took my kid to school for me.  I had my daughter and beautiful niece Kiwi all day.  We made it a couch day by watching movies, having yummy snacks and playing games.  My awesome mom and husband brought food for everyone since I was in no way capable of cooking dinner.  After everyone went to bed, I took some meds to make me sleep.  I needed sleep desperately and most of my MdDS medicine doesn't help with that so I skipped on those meds and went straight for the sleep aids.
March 7th (today) I'm feeling better.  The sun is shining and the weather is nice out.  The pressure system has moved out and I feel somewhat normal today.  Still walking a little bit drunk like, but I'm doing good so far.
Somehow through all of these crazy weeks I've been able to read.  I've been working on my reading which can be hard, especially on bad days.  I used to love reading books, but I can't read normal books anymore due to everything moving.  My Nook however, is awesome.  I've been able to adjust the settings to help me out with being able to read for periods of time.  I've had people mention to me before that maybe I should write a book, maybe one for kids?  I really love to write and I'm thinking I might start thinking of different books to write.  What I could write about?  I think it would be fun to do.  
So that's my catch up...more later.        

No comments:

Post a Comment