Friday, August 22, 2014

"Love Someone"~Jason Mraz

So we had our annual trip to Nags Head starting this past Saturday.  It was AMAZING!  I was able to get out into the water and actually swim around in the water.  Now granted the water was really flat & there was no undertoe at all, but I was out with waves and was not triggered at all.  
It was a much need vacation to have with my family.  Just to get away with them for a few days felt great!  I was so proud of my kids to get out in the water.  My son was doing really well with boarding on his own and my Lilybug was out swimming on her own as well (with an adult close by).  
I've looked back on these last few symptom free months and I'm so happy with all that I've done.  I've done a ton of things that most people take for granted, but for me they are huge accomplishments.  
I promised myself that I wouldn't live in fear of what tomorrow, or even this afternoon would bring.  I look to each day as my first & possibly last day of symptom free days and live it to the fullest.  Am I scared that I'll trigger my MdDS, well yes, but I can't live in that fear.  I can't see my kids saddened because mommy doesn't want to try to do something.  Besides, how can I teach them to face their fears if I don't do it as well.  
I've had so many great things happen that I can't see myself backing down again.  So I started working more hours (soon to be full time), I've ridden a couple of roller coasters, driven many a miles on my own and with company, walked many flights of stairs, ran races with my Girl Scouts, gone camping with said scouts, started decorating cakes again, read more & more books, and now swam in the ocean.  I didn't get a chance to actually go boarding due to the surf not being strong enough, but the summer isn't over and I only live a few minutes away from the beach, so hopefully I'll get there before it gets too cold.  
My amazing husband keeps me going forward and not looking back.  He stays encouraging and supportive through every task that I accomplish.  He's there to give me high fives on even the most smallest of challenges (riding in an elevator without falling over, climbing a flight of stairs without tripping, watching flashing or moving lights in a movie or on tv without having to close my eyes)
This has been an amazing journey and I'm so fortunate and lucky to keep moving forward with my everyday tasks.  I only hope that more MdDSers will get to feel this way one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment