Friday, December 7, 2012

"I Will Wait"~Mumford and Sons

Let me just start by saying that I am not one to blast my religion onto anyone.  My beliefs are mine alone, those close to me know how and what I feel.  I hear all of the time, "How come we do not see modern day miracles?"  I say that its all in how you look at the world and your perspective.  We wonder, "Why me?" but forget to look at our neighbors who suffer worse.  In the last year I will state that I have seen two wonderful miracles, two acts of my loving God who has been looking over my shoulder and my family's.  I will not go into details of these miracles because they are very personal, and over time I  have changed my perspective.  At the beginning of this summer when I was first diagnosed, I selfishly thought "Why me?"  However, now looking at the bigger picture, yes I have MdDS, but two wonderful people in my family have been blessed more than I can ever imagine, and if I have to carry this burden, but they have been helped, then I will say my prayer of thanks.  I would gladly live every day with MdDS for the rest of my life thanking my God that I have my family by my side.  Its all in how you look at it.  Its a struggle more ways than one, but I will push through, we will push through.

This week has been so stressful.  I won't go into much detail because it is extremely personal and not my information to pass along, so I won't.  BUT! I plan on ending it on a fantastic note with a short trip to see the besties!!!  I'm leaving for Richmond for the weekend to get away and have a relaxing time with some friends.  My girl, Drea, is turning 30 and for the last 10 years I've celebrated her birthday either by her side or over the phone!  I'm not missing this year for anything!  We are leaving in just a few minutes and I've never been more excited to get away.

I've taken a few day trips, but we haven't done an over night trip in quite sometime so this will be good for me and my family.  We definitely need it.  So off we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment