Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Locked Out of Heaven"~Bruno Mars "Running To You"~Newsboys

That's right ladies and gentlemen!  Two blogs in one week and they are one after the other!  Not only that but I have two songs for today!  
SHE'S GONE CRAZY! you say....hahaha
Not crazy, but really happy right now.  So I chose these two songs for two different reasons....
Song #1 is "Locked Out of Heaven"
I picked this song because its the first song that I can do my kind of dancing too.  As a lot of my friends know, I'm pretty good at watching certain dances and learning them quickly (i.e. Napolean Dynamite Dance,etc.).  So when I was watching Ellen Degeneres and Bruno Mars was on with his band, and loved the dance his band did in the back.  Why?  Because they were rocking!  FINALLY! A DANCE I CAN DO!!!!  I was so excited, so much so that the song has been on repeat and I do the dance at least once a day!  It also helps me work on my balance exercises without feeling frustrated because if I bounce around, so do they!  The best song ever!!! (Just a forewarning---the video has flashing lights, which may disturb some people!)
Song #2 "Running to You"
This song comes to me every time I feel beaten down and frustrated.  I'm not a very religious type person.  My relationship with my God is between myself and Him.  I teach my children and husband what I feel and what I know about my God, but I keep Him in my heart.  Most of you know that I'm not a churchgoer, I'm definitely not a Bible thumper, but I have my beliefs.  There are personal reasons, that I will not get into as to what I believe, and I'm not looking for someone to "put me on the right path."  I'm not knocking anyone's beliefs, so don't knock mine.  
That being said, I've prayed more in the last year, than I have in my entire life. I have felt His presence around myself, my husband, my children, my family.  I know He exists because of what I have seen, because of what I have felt.  He has heard my prayers and answered a lot of them.  Maybe not the big ones, and maybe not the ones that I really, really want answered like getting rid of my MdDS, giving us guidance on our finances, etc.  But He answered me when it came to my family and even to my little gifts He gives me.  He gives me the chance to wake everyday, to see my husband, to see my kids, to talk to my best friends and my family.  
When I feel like I'm broken, hit rock bottom, and can't get up, I have my husband to send out a hand to lift me up physically, and my God picks me up emotionally.  This is such a great "feel good" song.
So there you have it ladies & gentlemen, two posts, two days in a row, two songs, two videos, two different sections of my life.  Have a good one!  I'm going back to dancing around!~

No comments:

Post a Comment