Monday, December 28, 2015

"Night Train"~Jason Aldean

I got stuck tonight.  I was trying to find a new song so I could write again tonight.  But I couldn't find anything that really hit me for a song.  So then I went through every blog I have written and made a playlist using all the songs.  So I actually got to hear a lot of the music that I haven't listened to in a while and it helped.  

I got stuck again because then I didn't know what I wanted to write.  I wanted to write about my faith and how its pulled me through some of the harder times.  Then I thought I would write about my support but I've definitely focused on that through many posts.  So then I went through and read what I've already done.

It all of sudden hit me as a song started playing....Do you ever hear a song or see something and you flashback to a time in your life that you didn't remember a second ago, but that moment, that lyric, that picture took you right back to that spot in time.  I get it sometimes when I pass a certain road, see a picture of something or someone, but it really hits with music.  

Like I've said before, I have this crazy connection with music.  Its like my memory is attached to certain songs.  I can flashback to middle school dances, dance routines from recitals growing up, high school parties and car rides with friends, to parties in college and trips with my sorority sisters.  I've even remembered tests that I've studied for because of using the music to remember details.   I remember taking drives to see family or friends, hanging out with family or friends.  Dancing with my kiddos or seeing them dance on their own.  

Some of the songs I heard took me back to those posts that I've had before.  Those really hard days that I didn't want to write, but I did because I made myself a promise to write the great, the good, the bad, and the really ugly.  It was just as important to write about the good as it was the bad because I can look back and see all that I've accomplished.  

Its been 3 1/2 years of insanity and it continues everyday.  I have gone through short periods of no symptoms, but its been awhile since I went more than a few days without symptoms.  I usually have at least one or two of them everyday.  I can handle one or two at a time, its when all the symptoms starting hitting me at once.  But I've survived worse.  I've overcome a lot of obstacles and I will continue to do so.  As long as I have my earbuddies and an infinite playlist of songs, I'll be set to face whatever MdDS wants to bring me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment