Thursday, June 9, 2016

"Can't Stop The Feeling"~Justin Timberlake

Four years ago.  I was diagnosed with MdDS.  I was fighting a losing battle with my own body.  Not quite understanding what was happening to me and realizing that things were going to change for me.  I was researching and finding out as much information as I could about my diagnosis and what I could do to try to get better.  

Three years ago.  I wrote a blog about my first time driving in over a year.  I hadn't been able to actually drive myself.  I was good riding, but not driving.  I didn't drive far, but I did drive and since then you can't keep the car keys out of my hand.

Two years ago. I started working more hours and set myself a goal to start working full time at my job.  This was something that I couldn't imagine doing again.  With the loving support of my work family, and very understanding bosses, I was able to push and work through physical & mental obstacles to be able to accomplish that goal later that summer.

A year ago. I had a period of remission earlier in the year, but it only lasted a few months.  I was discouraged, upset and frustrated.  But I also realized that this is how it is going to be and it is something that I have to accept and deal with.  I still have issues with being able to feel this way, but I am getting better.  

Today.  Today I feel great.  After a few weeks of feeling miserable and having a hard time getting around and being able to live my life, the last two days have been really good.  Symptoms have been really low.  I have my energy back.  I have my smile and laugh back.  Last night I cooked dinner for the first time in a really long time.  Tonight I did tons of laundry and getting stuff organized in the house.  I danced around to music and just felt amazing.  Even with some stressful moments at work, I handled them really well.  

So what does all this mean?  Welp, there are good days and bad, just like anyone else.  Mine just happens to come with the motion of the ocean.  I'm allowed the bad emotional days, but I really love my happy girl days.  Those days were I can goof off and have my sense of humor and just be fun, just be me.  

So today, I laughed, joked around, goofed with my kids, talked with friends, and danced in my room.  Today I got to be happy me.  BEST. FEELING. EVER!

So today, for my MdDS friends who can't get up and dance, I'm blaring some Justin Timberlake and dancing for you.  Cause none of us "Can't stop the feeling" of the rocking, but the beat of the music is too good not to move to it, even if you're just swaying to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment