Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Mango Tree"~Angus & Julia Stone

I apologize ahead of time if this post is so scattered, but I decided to write on a day where I feel my worst as far as the way my brain is working.  
First off, I've come to the conclusion that I have a love/hate relationship with Virginia weather.  Sunny days are good, unless there has been a bad pressure system running through.  Rain hurts.  Cold drives me bonkers.  I've always been known as a summer baby.  My momma made me for summer weather.  I used to love rain storms that come through, but even the smallest sprinkle of rain is killing me.  Since I was diagnosed, I've had a pressure sensation in my ears, but here lately I'm experiencing sharp pain, especially with the cold.  It feels like someone is jabbing me with an ice pick in my ears.  Not only do these systems cause the pain, but the pain makes the rocking worse.  I'm so distracted with the cold and pain that I can't concentrate on walking straight or being able to focus on easy tasks.  It is driving me nuts!  I have learned to deal with the pressure but I can't handle the pain.  Its almost debilitating, and I can't stand that either.  
Today is my sororities Centennial Founder's Day celebration.  I joined Phi Sigma Sigma almost 10 years ago.  The best decision I ever made.  Through my big sister and a mutual friend I met the love of my life.  My sisters are still a big part of my life today.  I'm so happy that I have them there in my life.  I proud of our 10 founding sisters who basically said that it doesn't matter your economic, social, or religious background, you can join our sorority.   We instill this concept today with acceptance and love for those who want to join.  Diokete Hupsula!  
Thanksgiving is coming up in two days.  There is so much that I'm thankful for in my life.  This last year I've realized that I have so much that I am appreciative of.  My husband, kids, mom, sister & brother, extended family and friends.  A home, food on my table, my kids have what they need, my marriage has what it needs.  So much has happened over the last few years within my family that I am so grateful to have each person with me.  
I've pushed harder this last week to do more day to day.  I'm trying to focus even more at work.  I'm trying to be more involved with my kids.  I try to spend more attention to my husband.  I'm driving more.  I have my good days and bad, but I still push.  I may come home and collapse from exhaustion, but I'm accomplishing more for myself.  I'm slowly getting my independence back.  
I've found new music to listen to which is awesome!  I love finding new artists that I hadn't heard of, but even popular artists with new songs.  It was actually tough for me to find a song to title my blog with today.  I looked back at my blog and found that its been awhile since I've done the playlist of what I've found recently.  Its pretty cool when certain songs help me to relax when my body won't, or finding a song that has a good beat that helps me walk to it.  I've always been one to search and hunt for new music.  I listen to anything at least once, but it all depends on the mood.  So lately its been a jump between dance mixes & pop to more mellow songs like the one above.  I found this artist through the soundtrack for "Breaking Dawn."  As much as I liked the song "Love Will Find You" I love their other songs that they have too.
Random thought:  Sneezing with MdDS is the pits!  Let me just tell you!  Next time you have to sneeze try rocking back and forth while you do it without falling over or slamming your head into a wall!  Jeez.  Again the weather changing back in forth has had me sneezing more often and it sucks!
Ok, random thought over.
I'm going to try to make a valiant effort to update my blog more often.  I know I was slacking off for a while there.  It was more so because of starting the new job, getting Girl Scouts started, kids in school, adjusting to my new day-to-day schedule with all of that plus balancing family time and fighting my bad days.  My bad days tend to put me in bed for days at a time.  BUT! Looking back at this time last year is a big difference.  This time last year I was having more bad than good days.  I was stressing over holidays because I wasn't sure how I would handle my entire family in a small space, but this year I'm not so stressed.  I know what I have to do.  I need to take breaks, sit when I need to, stand when I need to, and try not to stress out over the little things.  If it doesn't get done, oh well. 
So I think that's the end of my purging of the brain for today.  Until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sara, I am so sorry for your pain and discomfort. I love what you wrote about music coming down from heaven. I have been composing all my life, not a great deal, and not professionally, but someday I may. I hope you find a way to keep away the bad sad dreaded hawk.

    ReplyDelete