Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Arms"~Christina Perri

I know I haven't written in awhile and that's because I kicked my own butt.
Last Thursday I had a great day.  I felt amazing.  I was only at a 1, so what did I do?  EVERYTHING!  I decided to work on a project of getting my room organized, which turned into also organizing the garage, fixing a toilet, and cleaning my room along with doing about 5 loads of laundry.  I was an idiot.  
I woke Friday hurting.  I messed up my back at some point and could barely move.  The tension in my neck caused a headache, which then brought on symptoms.  
Seth also had been sick the beginning of last week and was out of school, not returning until Friday.  We ended up having to change all of his asthma medicine and start every 4 hour breathing treatments.  Lets just say I'm worn out.
Saturday I was able to get out with my Mom and my son.  We had a good day, but I was exhausted by the time we were done.  We didn't mean to be out all day, but that tends to happen when my momma and I get out together.  
Lily went to her first Girl Scout camping trip.  She had such a great time and can't wait to go back again.  Hubby went hunting with my little brother.  This left Seth with me and momma, so of course he was loving the attention (just not all the shopping!)  He was spoiled of course, but that is allowed when the grandparents are around.
Sunday was set for just family time.  The kids and I hadn't seen Josh all week, so we made it a point to spend the day just the four of us.  The kids met their good behavior goals, so they were treated for the day.  Lily ended up with a new bear, and Seth decided on a new video game. 
This week I've been taking it really easy.  I haven't done much of anything but whats absolutely necessary (aka dishes, cooking meals, grocery shopping).  I've laid around the rest of the time, taking care of my back, my symptoms, and me period.
Today I got a little bit of mental medicine by going and seeing old friends at NSA.  I love my old co-workers.  I haven't worked there since the end of January, and haven't seen them since I was first diagnosed with MdDS.  I walk in and talking with them just feels like home.  I guess it has to do with working there for over 5 years.  My kids grew up in that office.  Heck.  I grew up in that office.  I was nice seeing old faces and just catching up, even if it was for only an hour.  I walked out of there feeling better than I did walking in, even though I was already feeling good this morning. 
"You put your arms around me and I'm home."~Christina Perri

No comments:

Post a Comment