Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"What a Wonderful World"~Louis Armstrong

I know there are two more days until Thanksgiving, but I've compiled my list of thanks this year.  Each day the month of November I had something I was thankful for, and I already know what my #21 & #22 will be so I'll go ahead and add them to this list.  Now, just because I stated it in the month of November doesn't mean that it starts or stops there.  I just pointed it out for Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for every day for the life that I have.  I am thankful for being alive everyday.  I am thankful for having a wonderful God in my life, and having such a wonderful and personal relationship with Him.  I am thankful for love, and surprising to some I am thankful for heartache and pain, because from those I grow to who I am.  I am thankful for the sun and the moon, the mountains & beaches, the calm & the storms.  I am thankful for what I've been given in life.  

My list starts here:
Day 1: I'm thankful for my best friend, partner, teammate, husband Josh Ensley. For 8 1/2 years he's been at my side through good & bad times. Through everything, our love has grown stronger each and every day.
Day 2: I'm thankful go my baby brother who was born on this day. A little boy who I still remember sneaking in his room when he was a baby to calm him to a man who I love more than this world. I always knew i wanted a baby brother and im so glad that i got that wish. Happy birthday Jacessa! Big sissy loves you! .
Day 3: I am thankful for good friends and good fun.
Day 4: I'm thankful for two wonderful, strong, beautiful women in my life who know me better than anyone. We've definitely had our lows but we've had amazing highs that make us forget the lows. Or my biggest support team for the last 29 years, my best friends, my momma and little sister.
Day 5: I am thankful for my two beautiful kids. Growing up all I ever wanted to be was a momma and I am lucky enough to have been blessed with two. They are two awesome kiddos!
Day 6: I am thankful for my freedoms. My right to vote and have a voice. I am thankful for the men & women who fight for our freedoms and the right to continue to live the way that I do. I am allowed to be who I want to be and there is no one to tell me that I CAN'T do something, because I CAN!
Day 7: I am thankful for docs who can see patients on the same day because here I am with Seth with asthma.
Day 8: I am thankful for our teachers. Everyday they are overworked and underpaid. They strive to push the best out of our children. In addition, there are a select few that go above and beyond and make an impression that will last a lifetime. I know I have my few.
Day 9: I'm thankful for my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I'm thankful to also be an aunt and cousin. My family means the world to me and I'm fortunate to be very close to the majority of my family and excite to become close to the rest.
Day 10: I'm thankful for grandparents. I'm lucky enough to have 3 living grandparents and my kids are lucky to have all 4 of theirs in their lives. I miss my grams dearly and wish she was here to enjoy the babies but I know she I looking down watching over us. We have a rule that the grandparents are allowed to spoil the babies all they want without say from the parents and I love the smiles my kids have from all the love they receive.
Day 11: I am so thankful for those who have served and who currently serve in our military. Growing in Norfolk, you have a very unique appreciation for all of those men and women. You get to work with retirees, meet the moms and dad who take care of their families while the spouses are away, and literally hear the sounds of our freedom while jets fly over. Although I not technically a military brat, I am proud to say that my dad was a navy man, and numerous dads that I adopted along the way were too! I have cousins, uncles, and friends who have all served...so thank you! Anchors Away! Semfer Fi! Hoorah!
Day 12: Today I am thankful for my extended family. Those that I have adopted as part of my family. Sometimes water does run thicker than blood for me. 
Day 13: I'm thankful for my comfy bed and dvr. Days like today when symptoms are at their worst and back I killing me, I'm loving just snuggling up with my Lilybug and taking it easy
Day 14: I'm thankful for my coupon master, Anna Middlebrook, for teaching me the ways of the coupon. HAHA! Because of her I have a great selection of food for my family without killing our budget. Thank you oh coupon masta!
Day 15: I am thankful my ability to cook good meals for my family. From the ability to be able to afford groceries, to the electricity I use to cook those meals, to the time I get to spend with my kids teaching them how to cook, along with the time I spent with my family learning how to cook. I love being in the kitchen, and even though I have to wait for my body to allow me to stand long enough, those good days are my favorite days.
Day 16: I'm thankful for a brother and sister in law who gets us awesome tickets to hockey games. Love me some Admirals!
Day 17: I am thankful for dancing. I've started being able to dance again in little spurts on my good days. I love that my mom paid for my rhythm and grace with 15 years of dance lessons. Music pulls at my heart and moves my feet. I'm always one of the firsts on the dance floor.
Day 18: I'm thankful for my state of Virginia. We have all four seasons. Enough snow in the winter, cool breezes in the spring, warm beach summers, and gorgeous travels with beautiful fall trees. It's gorgeous here and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Virginia is for lovers and I love VA.
Day 19: I'm thankful for my MdDS meds. Days like today they are much needed.
Day 20: I am thankful for my support team. My friends and family who have dropped everything to help me when I needed it most, whether it is to go grocery shopping, run errands, pick up my kids, help me clean, or even listen to me vent on the phone. This year had been very frustrating but the support that I have receive is just amazing.
 Day 21:  I am thankful for my mom-in-law & and father-in-law.  I am grateful that I have such a great relationship with them.  I've always been able to enjoy their company.  I love knowing that they have accepted me for who I am.
Day 22:  I am thankful for life.  I am thankful that I was given life, and that I brought in this world the gift of life to my children.  I am thankful that I am given a new day to learn and grow and become the person I want to be.  
Being thankful is something that should be done everyday.  We should be grateful for what we have, not what we don't.  We need to take a moment to be grateful that we are here in this world, that we are given the opportunities that life has to offer.  Even those who have nothing have thankfulness.  So take a moment and find what you are thankful for.  Pass on that feeling to those around you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment