Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Blown Away"~Carrie Underwood

Saturday I traveled to my farthest location so far since being diagnosed with MdDS.  I traveled from Norfolk to Richmond and then from Richmond to Alexandria, and then I returned all in the same day.  The travel to Richmond wasn't bad, but by the time I got to Alexandria I did feel a little off.  The break of the bridal shower did help, but by the time I got to Richmond I was definitely over traveling and I really started to dread my final trip to Norfolk.  I ended up falling asleep on the last leg of the trip.  
I was hoping that I would be okay to travel so that I could at least make a trip to see my Grandparents in South Carolina, that trip is 7 hours one way. Josh pointed out that if I felt okay the next day that maybe I could make the trip.  It wasn't until the afternoon that I started to feel my "normal."  It becomes frustrating when you can't do what you want to do, and I know that those going through this feel the same way.
I haven't been able to accomplish anything that I wanted to this week.  Every day is going by in a blur...it just seems like I can't keep up with anything.  I feel like I'm overwhelmed and trying to do way too much, but I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING!!! Its so frustrating.  I've been an emotional wreck this week, and I don't know why.  I've cried more the last few days for no reason....hell even the commercials are having me tear up!  I know I'm a redhead, and I've always been the emotional one in my family, but this is getting to be a little ridiculous.  
To top off my week, Seth was not doing very well last night and I had to pull out the nebulizer and give him his first breathing treatment of the year.  He asked if he could stay home because his "throat felt fuzzy and bubbly and like he had two mouths" and "I squeak when I cough."  So he stayed home, I pumped him with albuterol, and then ended up heading to the doc where they changed all of his meds around.  Now, for those who don't know my son is a talker like his momma.  Albuterol makes you feel jittery and shaking and you become a little more hyper than usual.  They also gave me Orapred which is a steroid to help with inflammation of the lungs and airways.  Now mix the talkative son with the two meds and you get what is well known in my family as diarrhea  mouth and it goes a little something like this:
My mom:  "Welcome to diarrhea of the mouth."
Seth:  "Welcome to Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  I like chickens. Bock-bock. HAHAHA. Chickens are funny.  Bock-bock."  (P.S.  This sentence did not stop there...oh no!...It continued for 3 straight minutes that it took for us to get from the light outside my sister's neighborhood to her house.)
I'm not looking forward to the next 5 days of this, because not only will my child not stop talking, but you are supposed to have your child stay calm and relaxed, but when they are hyped up there is no controlling your child.  Ugh.  
Fingers crossed and lots of prayers.  This is going to be one hell of a week apparently!

No comments:

Post a Comment