Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Not Afraid"~Eminem

I know, this song has completely different meaning, however the chorus & bridge is very strong to me.  I'm dedicating this to all my other MdDSers out there.  I've joined pretty much every support group out there, and reading everyday messages, posts and comments help more than you know, and I know most of you feel the same way.  
We know there is no cure.  There is no easy fix.  We are stuck with this syndrome and it sucks!  We try rehabs, exercises and meds.  We have our good days that give us hope and then the next day we are laid out.  Its an constant up hill battle that we have to climb, and we can barely walk straight.  We fight.  We struggle.  We push through.  We fall.  We cry.  We stress.  We get frustrated.  We fight.  We stand up.  We move forward (even if it is off balance and crooked).  We learn.  
We research everyday.  By using each other, we find new studies, new meds, new treatments.  For a lucky few, you find what works.  For a lucky few, your symptoms disappear again.  But for most, we continue the fight everyday.  Yes, we have friends who try to support and understand.  We have family who help and push through with us.  But having someone who knows exactly what you are going through every day, someone who says, "Me too!," someone who has been through the trials and fails of treatments, it makes you feel like you aren't crazy.  Its amazing when you put a post up on a wall, and immediately someone says, "You will get through this.  We will get through this."  
We may not feel strong everyday.  We are entitled to our weak days.  We are strong though.  We ARE fighters.  We will find the cure.  We will fight until there is no one who ever has to feel this way again.
"I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)
And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons
I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now" 

Thank you to those who respond to post, who comment, and who suggest treatments.  We can get through all of this together.  We will stand out ground, fight and get out lives back.  Day by day, we will do this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment