Monday, September 17, 2012

"Honey and the Moon"~Joseph Arthur

This weekend was fantastic.  Josh & I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary this weekend.  Due to financial situations, we ended up having a Stay-cation.   I really had to think hard as to what we could do that wouldn't cost too much money.  My plan?  Friday night we stayed in and had a wrestling theme night.  We made food with wrestle themes and watched a DVD that I bought my husband a while back.
Saturday was our actual wedding anniversary.  Exactly 5 years ago on Saturday, we spent an entire in Portsmouth preparing and having our wedding.  So in the morning, we went to the Portsmouth farmers market to do some shopping around.  Then walked over to the Renaissance hotel to take pictures on the balcony were we said our vows, and we were announce "Mr. & Mrs. Ensley."  We rode the ferry boat from Portsmouth to Norfolk to have lunch.  This was one of the first dates we went on, so I pushed every ounce of courage out and faced the boat.  I was thinking the river is flat, ferry moves slow, I can do this.  I didn't take into consideration the wind or the fact that the ferry moves faster now.  Josh had to hang onto me and I felt like I was still on the boat for about an hour afterward, and of course that was when we had to get back on the boat to go back to our car.  So ferry boat is out of the question until I get my symptoms more under control.  But at least I can say that I faced it.  Once we got back to Portsmouth side, we went to our baker who made our beautiful cake.  She was so sweet and took pictures with us.  Afterwards, we went to a Paint-Your-Own pottery place, and then we went to dinner.  All-in-all a good day.
Sunday we woke up late and headed to Busch Gardens with the kids, mom, sister & niece.  We basically walked around the park checking out all of the decorations and having fun with the kids.  If you are in the Williamsburg, VA area and want something fun to do, I would check out Howl-O-Scream.  Busch Gardens has outdone themselves this year with the decorations and characters.  However, BG is a very up & down hill type of park.  Add on top of that so much fog that you can't see 5 feet in front of you....well that threw me off, but I held onto my husband and again pushed through.  
It was such a wonderfully relaxing weekend.  I highly recommend stay-cations.  Experience new things.  Do research in your own hometown, you'll be surprised what you will find to go do!

No comments:

Post a Comment