Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Hillbilly Deluxe"~Brooks & Dunn

So I haven't written all weekend because I decided my weekend was for my family.  It was the last weekend before my baby boy started school in the SECOND GRADE!!!  Time has flown by so fast.  I can't believe how fast it has gone!  So this weekend we spent Saturday running errands and meeting friends for dinner.  On Sunday we had a family birthday party, which was fun, but I had to explain that certain things are just not good for me.  Like the pinatas are not good things for me to be near.  When lots of kids are around, I stay as close to the ground as possible.  And if you take pictures instead of trying to watch everything go on, it actually helps with the anxiety and dizziness because you stop and focus on the pictures around you.  Also, balloons.  Balloons suck!  The movement and colors just drove me crazy and trying to be nice about my kids not getting any to take home took a little bit of determination, but I got through.
On Monday we had a PJ day until my little brother came over and helped yank bushes out of the ground with his dad's F250.  And here comes my 4 year old! haha  She is such a trip when the big trucks & Uncle Jake come around.  So she helped Uncle Jake drive the truck and pull the bushes out.  She had such a blast!  
She was so proud of herself.  She also informed me that she is going to go hunting with uncle Jake & daddy this year because she "LOOOOOVVVVVEEEESSSSSS Deer Meat!!"

Today I went to the neurologist who confirmed that I do have MdDS.  Well at least all my docs are on the page.  No change in what I'm doing...just keep doing what I'm doing.  No change in meds, and there is nothing else going on with me so that's a plus! But he made me so dizzy.  I actually felt ill for the first time in a long time.  But it was worth having that second person saying "Yes, this is what you have."  It will help me fit battles in the future and it also makes me feel really good to not hear "Its in your head."  To have doctors who know what this actually is is very nice.
Seth had his first day, which he says was great!  The walk home wasn't bad at all, and actually was pretty easy with the two kiddos.

All-in-all, its been a good couple of days.  I'm still working on the nerve to drive.  Still having a really hard time with that.  But everyday is a work in progress, and I'm determined to progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment