Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Sailing"~*NSYNC

Appropriate song for the last two days.  I've been at a 8-9 yesterday and today, and having a migraine on top of it isn't helping. 
I know that I've mentioned numbers before and here's why.  So with MdDS there is a symptom severity scale.  Most MdDS patients rate their days to show improvement or unfortunately worsening of symptoms. Here is a link so you can read: MdDS Scale.  The scale is provided by the MdDS Foundation.  So today is a day that my symptoms are at their worst.   Every patient prays for a 0 day or even a 1-2 day, but I've been praying for a 6 kinda day.  
So how to cope with a 8-9 day.  First of all, any day with this syndrome is a fight, its a struggle, and its a learning process.  So here's how I've coped.  I stuck to my every day routine.  I woke up, got ready for the day and made breakfast.  However breakfast today was Pop-Tarts & fruit that I cut up earlier in the week.  Seth wanted to take his lunch, so we made ham & cheese roll ups.  I didn't trust myself with any knife work this morning.  We also went easy route of fruit cup, juice box & cookie.  No cutting, no pouring.  After I took him to school, I rested all day.  I even took some of my meds, which I have steered away from.  I'm not a pill taker.  I hate meds with a passion, but today was a pill kind of day.  After picking up kids from school, I came home a rested more.  By dinner time I was able to use some of my more sturdy knives to cut sweet potato fries but I left it at that.  Those fries went along side some chicken nuggets and again more fruit.  I didn't want to mess with the stove so everything was in the oven.  I stay away from the stove on bad days for fear of getting too dizzy and something burning or catching fire and me not being able to fix the problem.  Oven foods work great because you can put it in and go sit at a table for at least 20 minutes before its time to take food out.  If I'm not using the oven, it would be the microwave or the crock-pot.  I have go-to meals for the crock pot that are easy for bad days.  And for those days that I really am not up for anything, we call that Cereal Night!!!! Yay!! haha.
I've gone back to my tricks of crawling up the stairs and sliding down them today as well.  I have only gotten up when necessary.
So tonight I go to bed, again taking a Valium to help with my anxiety and the motion of the ocean.  Hopefully tomorrow will go down to 6...fingers crossed !X!X!X

No comments:

Post a Comment