Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Hot in Here"~Nelly

Two days in a row of temps in the 80's...yes please!  I'm loving this hot weather.  I'm such a summer baby.  I've had my windows open getting all of the stall winter air out of my house.  Going outside watching the kids play while I just enjoy this weather is a perfect time for me.  
I sat outside yesterday for about 30 minutes and it felt awesome.  I didn't want to stay out too long because I didn't want to get burnt, but it was so relaxing.  I laid in the grass with my little girl and we listened to music and took a bunch of pictures. 
This time of year is a good time to check all of the necessities for spring and summer.  The first real week of spring weather is my time to clear out the cabinet and restock my sunscreen and after sun lotions. I need to get my small travel bottles to put in my bags.  I need to find my hats and sunglasses.
Time to stock up on Gatorade and bottles of water for playtime.  
Even for someone with MdDS, you have to stay hydrated, but the MdDS tends to make those symptoms worse.  Yesterday alone I ended up downing more water than I have in a week.  It felt like everytime I turned around I was refilling my cup.  When I get dehydrated, my dizziness gets much worse and so do my headaches.  I've made a conscious effort to make sure to keep drinking, even if I don't feel thirsty.  
As long as the days are nice, I plan on trying to get outside for just a few minutes to enjoy the sunshine and even start walking more to work on my balance and concentration.  I'm going to make the most of this good weather.  


1 comment:

  1. I also live with MDDS. I love to read your blog. It's nice to see the changes you are making for yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete