Friday, April 26, 2013

"No More Tears"~Ozzy Osbourne

Cleaning and Ozzy? Yes, please.  Nothing beats older rock music when you are cleaning.  I've been on a mission to spring clean my entire house.  Its taking time which I expected as does anything I do nowadays, but its getting done.  I've gotten our office organized, cleared out our main closet and emptied out old meds from the cabinet.  I determined to get rid of stuff that we no longer need/use.  We don't have a lot of storage space, so what we have, I'm bound to use wisely.
We bought our house 5 years ago.  Closed on it a week after Lily was born.  I wanted this neighborhood because this is where my grandfather lives and its a very quiet area.  We are in a neighborhood where you get to know the people who are around you.  We knew it would need some cosmetic work, so we've been working little by little to paint rooms, remove carpets, lay down new flooring, etc. while being on a budget.  It has been slow going, but we are doing it.  I'm finally starting to have a few good days of low symptoms so I'm hoping to get painting some this weekend.  My goal is to get our office and upstairs hallway painted.  I want to get new curtains for the office and my daughter's room, and then we'll be done with up stairs for now.  I also want to get my stairwells painted.  That's going to be fun let me tell ya!  Throwing a girl on a constant boat to paint back & forth while on steps.  Once we finish our living/dining room area I can get rid of my ugly carpet and have hardwood floors all throughout my house and that I'm excited about.
When you have to work around the good & bad days, it makes housework that much more daunting.  I like cleaning and having everything in its place.  Since I was diagnosed I get anxious when things aren't where they should be.  I've decided my best bet is to tackle my house in sections, so I'm going to finish my upstairs which is the kids area and office.  Then the main living space and then the lower level which is becoming the master suite is going to take the longest, so that will be last. These projects are on top of my normal housework and having three kids running around a daily basis is going to make it that much more fun to do.
On my good days like today where I'm pushing through and feeling good, I feel better about the tasks as hand and its going to feel good when the rooms start coming together more.  This is the part I like of owning my own home.  
Well back off to work.  Here comes "Crazy Train."

No comments:

Post a Comment