Saturday, April 6, 2013

"Sound of Music"~Julie Andrews from 'Sound of Music' soundtrack

I've been on a roll with posting.  The being up late at night has helped with that, it gives me something to do. 
I had a request of what my playlist looks like and what items I use to listen to my music.  As you all know, music is a huge part of me.  With my MdDS it gives me something else to focus on besides the floor moving and shifting.  It also helps with anxiety in large crowds of people.  It keeps me calm.
 So here we go:

So first, the equipment I use.  So I have my cell phone, mine is a Droid HTC One VX, my Nook Tablet from Barnes and Noble, and my computer.  The one pictured is the newest addition to our family, but I have another that is hooked to our tv so I can enlarge print while working online and writing.  I can also play music through the tv. 
I also use ear buddies that fit inside the ear.  I have looked everywhere for different ear pieces that work for me.  This was the hardest because my ears are sensitive with the MdDS.  We do have a set of large noise cancelling headphones that I love (not pictured).  They are made by Sony and are very comfortable, but they are not very portable.  I had the earbuds that I come with the IPhone, but they are hard, and only sit right inside the ear.  The way the vibrations came through bothered my inner ear.  These earbuds fit inside the ear canal.  The ear pieces are soft and can be replaced easily if need be.  I actually have two different sizes on mine because of the comfort aspects of how they fit in my ears. 
I use Rhapsody for music.  I use Pandora if I'm home or somewhere with free wifi, but I don't like using up my data plan for it.  I pay a monthly fee and have unlimited downloads of music.  This is one of the few items that we pay for each month that is not a household bill, but we keep it because it helps keep me sane! haha.  With Rhapsody I make playlists that I can download onto my Nook and can listen to it without using any wifi.  This helps in places like at the hockey games, when we go to Busch Gardens, etc.  Also with Rhapsody i have access to my entire library on each device.

Which leads me to my current music choices.  As you've noticed with my titles I have an eclectic taste in music, so here we go, in no particular order:
1. "Watch Over Me"~Hanson
2. "Cruise (remix)"~Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly
3.  "Locked Out of Heaven"~Bruno Mars
4.  "Same Love"~Macklemore ft. Mary Lambert
5.  "Thrift Shop"~Macklemore ft. Wanz
6.  "Your Touch"~Blake Lewis
7.  "Trouble's Gonna Go"~Skye Zentz
8.  "Titanium"~David Guetta ft. Sia
9.  "I Knew You Were Trouble"~Taylor Swift
10. "She's Country"~Jason Aldean
11.  "Sweet Thing"~Keith Urban
12. "Closer"~Tegan and Sara
13. "This Is War"~30 Seconds to Mars
14. "Hold On"~Alabama Shakes
15. "Airplanes"~B.O.B. ft. Eminem & Hayley Williams
16.  "Rope"~Foo Fighters
17.  "Stubborn Love"~The Lumineers
18.  "Learning to Breathe"~Switchfoot
19.  "Blown Away"~Carrie Underwood
20.  "Remind Me"~Brad Paisley duet w/ Carrie Underwood

My playlist tends to change daily, but these are the songs that are on repeat right now.  My playlist is actually a lot longer, but I figured I'd stop at 20 songs. 
My music is with me everywhere I go.  Its kind of like my invisible cloak.  It helps me to concentrate on the necessary details of life, like walking straight, staying calm, and moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment