Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"It's Time"~Imagine Dragons

This weekend has gone by very quickly and so much has happened.  My baby girl turned 5, so we celebrated all day together as a family.  Seth's spring break started and shockingly my husband was able to get the day off from work.  We had my niece with us, so we all traveled together to go to Build A Bear (Lily received a gift certificate as a present for being the flower girl for my bestie's wedding).  We also hit up Barnes & Noble to get two books that Lily had been asking for.  Then while the hubby was switching out games at game stop with Seth, the girls and I headed to Bath & Body Works with my freebie coupon (love those things!).  Afterward we headed to Chuck E. Cheese.  Now, ever since being diagnosed with MdDS, being in big crowds (especially where a ton of kids are involved) and flashing lights and noises, I don't handle them so well.  So, hubby took all three kids around to play and when the toddler area cleared out, I was able to take my niece over to play so he could take the big kids to the bigger games.  We came home to a dinner of chicken nuggets, shells & cheese, strawberries and broccolli (Lily picked it out herself).  All-in-all a really good night.
Saturday came and went with a few errands to run and also to a hockey game.  Unfortunately a low pressure system started coming through about half way through the first period and I started to not feel great.  By the end of second period, we left.  The mix of the system and the large crowd, the loud noise and trying to concentrate on a small puck flying around a rink, just wasn't a good for me.
Sunday was Easter, and I was nervous.  I still had some residual yucky feelings, but I pulled through.  I refuse to let the MdDS controll my day-to-day, so if that means that I have to sit on a floor or a couch the entire time with my family, then so be it.  The good thing?  There were toddlers EVERYWHERE! And I was stuck on the floor with all of them!! I was so in my element!  If you know me, you know I love kids.  The toddler age is my favorite.  There are like little sponges and they are so funny.  I had a blast even though I wasn't 100%. 
We headed to my in-laws who have the most comfortable couch....side note...this couch is like a sleep trap!  If I'm not really careful and don't move every few minutes, I almost always crash on this couch.  I love it.  I didn't fall asleep on Sunday because I was catching up with my father-in-law and mother-in-law.  By the time we left there, I was definitely feeling some symptoms.  My hubby got me and the kids home safely, he tucked the kids into bed, and then made sure everything was good for me. 
Today I'm feeling so much better.   I pushed myself a little too much I think, but I got a lot done with the house that I had been slacking on for the past few weeks. 
On another note, at the end of last week I received a card.  At first I thought it was for Lily, but it was for me.  And it was a "Just thinking about you" card.  First off, I haven't received a card like this since I was in college.  It was awesome to get an actual card from someone I love dearly.  I call her my other momma.  She came into my life when I was in high school, and over time I've come to lean on her, depend on her, trust her.  I hadn't spoken with her in awhile and for her to send me that note, it just filled my heart.  To be honest, it has never crossed my mind to send anyone a note like that, but I think I'm going to put out a bigger effort.  I love to write.  I love to bring smiles to people.  What better way than with a note or a card, just to say hi? 
My new challenge....send a card out to someone each week.  I feel that it is very important to show those people in your life that are still around that you care.  With technology the way it is today, its so easy to just send a quick text or e-mail, plaster something on Twitter or Facebook, but an actual handwritten note is so much nicer.  Yes, this will be my new challenge.  It starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment