Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Kings and Queens"~30 Seconds to Mars

It is spring break around here in good ol' Hampton Roads.  All the kids in public school are out for the week.  This has brought on new challenges that I wasn't quiet ready for, but I'm pushing through the week.
Here's the challenge.  On a Monday or Tuesday, it is just me and Bug once Bubba is off to school.  Wednesday thru Friday, I add on Kiwi, my niece.  Throughout the week I might add a kid or two before and/or after school depending on who needs me to grab kids after school or send them off to school.  This is not a challenge for me.  I've gotten used to this routine.  
My son is old enough to get himself ready for school.  He knows how to get himself drinks and breakfast.  I help with the packing of lunch, but most days he buys.  My daughter can handle somethings on her own.  She's always been very independent and taught herself how to do a lot of things on her own because she hated asking for help.  Kiwi is 2, so she needs help which I am happy to give her.
So a normal week and I'm good to go...Spring break is a different story.
For instance, today I have my kids and Kiwi, plus two more cousins.  One of the cousins turns 14 this week, so he's actually considered extra hands, not so much me babysitting.  I just have to keep him alive and fed until his dad gets off work.  Haha.  
Dilemma, lots of kids means lots of running around and loud noise.  Good thing my entire upstairs is pretty much free rein for kids to play.  Two large rooms full of all kinds of toys to keep little people busy.  Also i have well over 100 movies for them to watch if the noise gets to be too much.  I'll just throw them all on the couch and make them sit.
Dilemma, can't drive.  And the closest park that my kids like to go to has been fenced off because they are working to replace all of the transfer power lines in our neighborhood.  Unfortunately a large set of lines go right by the park, so they fenced off the area.  We have a fairly quiet neighborhood for the kids to go outside to play, however, we have no sidewalks, so no riding bikes safely.  My kids have been here for the last two days, so they have become bored with sidewalk chalk, jump ropes and balls.  So....Pinterest here I come!  haha.  Time to find fun ideas to do with the kids.  
The helpful thing is that I do have the older cousin who doesn't mind hanging with 8 & 9 year olds.  He's willing to sit and play Pokemon cards, or take them out on his skateboard and let them coast.  Nap time for Kiwi might be a challenge getting everyone to chill out, but I think we can handle it.  I got this!
So its, 8:30 in the morning.  Two of the cousins have made it.  I have my two kids, and I'm waiting on the arrival of my little niece.  Fingers and toes are crossed.  Lots of prayers.  And if I survive, I'll be glad to write again soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment