Sunday, April 21, 2013

"Stolen"~Dashboard Confessional

At first I wasn't going to write, I know its been awhile, but the last few days have been killing me.  Its been a very frustrating few days.  I've been taking it as easy as possible.  Resting as much as possible.  I've slept most of the day away today trying to get back to my sense of "normal."  
Yesterday I woke up feeling like I was being stabbed in my ears with an ice pick.  The pain had been so unbearable that it actually woke me from my sleep.  No amount of my regular pain meds helped,  I even laid on top of my heat blanket, only because I was told putting a heat pad on your ears tends to help with ear pain.  It gave some relief, that and my husband rubbing my head.  I was able to get out for Lily's Girl Scout event and lunch.  We got home and I just laid out for the rest of the day.  
I was hoping that once the storm system came through that I would feel better, but today was worse than yesterday.  I haven't moved.  I have just rested all day.  I kept up on my meds, and as long I took them the head pressure and anxiety was low, but the movement was really bad when I got up to move anywhere.  Days like this the best place for me to be is down, so I've laid down all day.  Its going on 11pm now and I'm still not feeling right.  
I hate writing about days like this because its discouraging, but this is why I do write.  This is why I started this, so you get the views of the good and bad.  Going from a few weeks of very little symptoms, to days where I can't move.  It makes it difficult for people to understand exactly what this does to me.  They see me and my brave face.  The only one who sees me this down is my husband and kids.  People see my better days, so they sometimes forget that I'm not 100% okay.  I just have learned to work through it.  I still try not to get down about it.  I just find things to keep my mind busy.  I spent all day yesterday with earbuds in my ears listening to music, and watching movies.  Today has been the same of music, movies and sleep.  
My kids don't understand, but they try.  Yesterday my boy helped me walk down the stairs and today my girl came to me today just to lay with me for five minutes while I rested which was nice.  She just crawled in, threw her arms over me and said she loved me.  Best moment of my day.  Best medicine in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment