Sunday, August 5, 2012

"Glad You Came"~The Wanted

Today I started out fairly symptom free.  My body ached from yesterday but nothing a bit of stretching didn't fix.  I have tried taken my Valium at night two nights in a row and realize that I think its too strong.  I'm waking up feeling groggy and just weird.  I've decided that when I go to bed tonight I'm going to try and half my pill to see if it helps.  I'm taking the Valium so that I can relax enough since my symptoms are kicking up really bad at night now.  
Today was movie day since Lily earned a movie trip with her sticker program.  She picked "Brave."  This movie was very sweet.  A great mother/daughter story as well as about your fate and destiny.  Perfect for our life right now.  I had a hard time throughout the movie during some parts where their was a lot of running or action.  Lily loved the movie and was very happy to be going with her family.  
Today is also was family dinner night.  A while back we decided to start having family dinner night on Sundays for my mom, her kids and their kids.  This has been a time that I really enjoy.  I can be myself, symptoms and all, in an environment that I am comfortable in so I can actually enjoy fun conversation and playtime with my kids and niece.  Even if the conversation ends up with me sitting on the kitchen floor while people cook, or laying my head on the dining room table, I still get to laugh and have a good time.  With my family there are no lines, every topic is up for discussion, no such thing at TMI.  This open conversation leads to topics you never thought you would discuss with your mother, sister, brother, husband, but it does lead to lots of laughs and a whole lot of "Now wait just a minute." Hahaha.  You know once you walk through the door you could easily be the topic of discussion or the leader of the discussion.  At the end of the night, even though everyone is tired and ready for bed, you want to stay still and laugh some more.   Through these dinners some friends have come along and become part of the family.  They too are into the conversation whether they want to be or not.  That policy goes along with the policy that aunts and uncles are allowed to spoil the nieces and nephew without any say from the parents, the sibling code of whats said between brother and sister stays there, and any and every embarrassing story about you can and will be told.  I love this about my family.  
After all of that though, tonight I'm very symptomatic.  I'm not sure what has triggered it, however I'm so nauseated, dizzy, and frustrated because of it.  I got away with only taking a Meclinzine and a Phenergan today (mainly during the movie), but I'm thinking I am going to have to put on a patch tonight.
Tomorrow morning I start walking around the block.  My Pops has said he would walk with me and in the words of my sister "Its sad when your 80 year old grandfather walks better than you do," so my goal will be to at least walk as good as him.  We shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment