Thursday, August 9, 2012

"I'll Be Seeing You"~Frank Sinatra (Pictures included)

So last Friday our family mourned the loss of our black cat, Omen.  She was my husband's cat of 13 years.  Now if you know my husband and ever saw his cat, you would know that their relationship was very strong.  For those who say that cats don't have a personality or they are boring...this cat knew her name and knew her dad.  Her dad could call her from any room in the house and she would come running.  She also had instincts of the rest of the family.  She would always keep you company when you're sick.  This became very difficult at times when Seth was sick due to asthma and we tried to keep her out of his room at the time.  My kids had their responsibilities for the pets.  Seth gives them water while Lily feeds them.  The loss of our cat hit them pretty hard and they have told me every day how much they miss her.  When I awoke this morning, my children asked if we could make a sign for Omen.  I told them that unfortunately a sign would not last outside, but I immediately ran outside and grabbed a brick which they painted.  When Josh got home tonight, we all went out back to lay down the brick for Omen.  It was a good way to say "See you later friend."



On an MdDS front, today was nothing but mental symptoms...the dizzy, motion sickness, the irritability, the losing focus.  I swear today I had ADD with cleaning my house.  I would start with one thing and go to put an item away and see something else and clean that up.  It was a difficult day to stay focused, but I did get a lot organized.  I will soon have our bedroom & our office done at the same time.  My kids thought it was funny when I had to mop the floor and literally was on my hands and knees doing it.  However, I will need to have someone go back and paint both rooms because I can't handle all of that.  
I walked my 8/10 of a mile today and tomorrow we are going for a mile!  My kids have walked with me on Tues, Wed, and Thurs.  Today Keith came along as well.  Yes, my Pops still walks faster and straighter than I do.  I had to stop a few times to get myself straight again.  
I will give myself big props for the dinners I have cooked this week.  Cooking has been my biggest challenge and one of the things that I have missed the most through this.  Monday was Chicken in a crock pot, with rice and veggies.  Tuesday was baked salmon with egg noodles, squash and green beans.  Wednesday was beef stroganoff in the crock pot with egg noodles.  And tonight I made baked chicken with spinach, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese on top, with Rice-a-Roni.  Me and rice or noodles that have to cook for awhile on their own, I have learned, are AWESOME for me.  And on the menu for tomorrow is Salsbury Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.  I'm cheating and making instant mashed potatoes for the main reason that I can't keep getting up to check if potatoes are done and I don't trust myself to peel them by myself just yet.  My hands aren't steady enough for all that.  

Today was a Meclizine day and I think tonight will be a Valium night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment