Saturday, August 4, 2012

"Keep Your Head Up"~Andy Grammar

The night before last my husband gave me a much need swift kick to tell me that I'm doing fine.  I need to keep my head up and moving forward because in the last 8 weeks I've done more than I apparently thought I was doing.

Yesterday I woke up determined that this MdDS is not going to push me down any longer.  I woke up and cleaned my kitchen and then decided I'm going to get my family back on track.  I don't trust myself to cook over a stove top now because I can't stand for long periods of time without an episode, however I'm good with cooking using the oven & microwave.  I started a meal plan again for the family and made a shopping list, coupons included.  Now to some people this may sound trivial, however being able to concentrate on something as small as a grocery list is very difficult for me.  Trying to remember anything anymore is a challenge.  This now involves me checking the fridge multiple times to make sure I don't have ketchup or mayo, checking the pantry to make sure that yes we do have rice but not egg noodles and not the other way around.  Then after making the list, scouring weekly store ads, websites and coupons.  This normally would take me a total of an hour in the past...yesterday it took me 6, but I did it.  I accomplished it.

Today, with help from my mom and wonderful kids, my husband and I ended up shopping to different stores for various reasons.  The last store was my grocery store.  My goal was to be under $150 with my card and coupons.  We came out less than $144.  I met my goal not only for the budget, but the fact that from 11 o'clock this morning until 7 o'clock this evening I was out on my feet shopping.  Getting in and out of the car, in multiple stores with swarms of people (no tax weekend for school stuff).  We went to the Boy Scout Store, Ferguson Plumbing, Sam's, Walmart, and Kroger all in one day.  I survived with only a few bad episodes of dizziness and nausea and only one panic attack.  This was a successful day.  I plan on tomorrow to be the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment