Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"What Would You Say"~Dave Matthew's Band

Today I had a lot of appointments to keep.  I had the wonderful pleasure of watching my 1 year old niece for a few hours so her mom could run an errand.  Keeleigh is a very smart one year old who can put a smile on anyone's face.  She loves to read, but MdDS doesn't like for me to read.  Thank goodness each of her pages consist of 3-5 words per page, and any book with longer verses I had her read those to me...haha...
When she was tired of reading we played "Go, go, go" which consists of her running from the living room into the kitchen and back and me clapping "YEAH!" hahaha... Bring on NAP TIME!!! Being a mom of a 4 & 7 year old, how I miss NAP TIME!!! hahaha...the best hour of the day!
After that it was time to get Seth for his check up...he's doing awesome (had no doubts), I just have to remember that he needs to get his eyes checked next month--which I proceeded to write on every calendar I could get my hands on.  While sitting there talking to his doctor, I had mentioned the MdDS with her (she's been my son's physician since we brought him home from the hospital).  She says "Oh, wow.  That must be miserable.  I've heard of people having that, but didn't know that it had a name!  I'll have to check it out."  The more we talked, she became intrigued in all that I've tried.  I told her that its crazy how it all happened now, but I'm going to try to take it as a blessing in a horrible disguise.  I've decided I'm going to work with my daughter and teach her preschool at home.  I've also mastered walking to my son's school so I'll be able to walk him to and from school each day (at least that is my goal, but I do have back up plans in place).  I'm also working on getting us on an awesome budget to be able to start saving money.  Since I'm home now, and have mastered some of my basic cooking skills, I can make more homemade meals.  I've also learned foods that I can freeze so now I make double amounts so I can freeze some for days that I don't feel up to cooking meals.  (If you are interested in some of these easy meals, let me know.  I'll be glad to pass on some that I've learned).
Tomorrow ADT is coming to the house bright and early to set up my smartphone so I can turn my alarm on & off through my phone so that way I don't have to try to run through the house to turn it on or off and rush to get out the door.  I also have a friend coming over to help me get better organized for grocery stores since this still seems to be one of my challenges.  I spend way too much time in the stores, so now I'm going to be better prepared.  
I'm taking each day in stride.  I've ended my day at a 7 when it started at a 4.  I had a lot of traveling today and cleaning that needed to get done from the vacation.  Plus a few other stresses that I wasn't expecting, so tomorrow will be a new day to try to learn more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment