Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Into The Ocean"~Blue October

DAY 11:  Today I took my first steps to get myself back into the ocean.  I went up to mid-calf and didn't have any issues.  My only thing I had a problem with was watching the waves for long periods of time.  Watching the waves come in and out bothered me after awhile, but I had a lot of distractions with my family there and the kids playing.  But I handled it.  We are planning to go back a few more times and as the water warms up I'll go in deeper.  But I took my first steps and I was very proud of myself.  I said that by the end of this summer I would get myself back in the water.  I want to get back to boarding again.  I want to be the one to teach my kids.  I want to teach my kids to swim.  The only way that it can be me is if I am the one in the water.  I'll get there, today was my proof.  My oasis, my saving grace in rough times, has always been the ocean, and I'm going back to my favorite place and one day I'll be able to stand in the sand and not feel sick.  I will do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment