Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Walk"~Foo Fighters

DAY 10:  At the end of last summer, I pushed to be able to walk normally through my neighborhood.  My goal was to at least get to my son's school and back without incident.  The school is almost a full mile there and back.  I was able to do that walk and have been able to continue to do that walk for the entire school year.  Today started his last week of school, so will be my last week of walking there and back.  I have come to enjoy this walk.  Our neighborhood is very peaceful and quiet and the neighbors that you see are very friendly.  You see familiar faces and even become friends with some of the other parents who are walking as well.   Seth and Lily have had days where they would literally run the entire distance, and then others where the complain and whine.  But for me, the fact that this time last year I wasn't even able to walk to my driveway without help, and now I can walk this distance and then some...I am proud at how far I've come, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment