Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Love Is A Battlefield"~Pat Benatar

DAY 8:  Today I want to tell you about two people who have always had a huge piece of my heart before anyone else ever did.  My little sister and brother.  We have been through everything and anything.  We have fought with each other and for each other.  Always becoming closer, always becoming stronger.  They have been my rock, my strength, my friends.  As the oldest I've always had this sense of protection for them.  They are the first ones to pick on me but the first ones to open their arms in times of need.  I'm very fortunate to have siblings as wonderful as they are.  
Through this whole ordeal with MdDS my brother has been one to bring me humor, to make me laugh, and to literally catch me when I fall.  He has literally held up when I couldn't stand on my own.  He has been one to make me smile, even when I didn't want to.  
My sister has been my pillar of strength.  Even if she is 6 inches shorter than me, she as been the one at my back, helping me push through some of the darker days.  She is the logical while I'm the emotional.  She is rational where I'm irrational.  She is my "simmer down now" button....haha.
We are three completely different people, with completely different personalities, with different strengths and different weaknesses.  However, we compliment each other.  We have moved through life everyday with unbreakable strength and love.  
My mother used to say, "One day you will realize how much you need your sister and brother.  You will realize that there are people in this world that will always come and go, but they will never leave your side."  She was right...but to talk about her is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment