Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Life is a Highway"~Rascal Flatts

DAY 9:  Ladies & Gentlemen....I DROVE TODAY!  woo hoo!  And, not just in my neighborhood, but through Norfolk and a small part of Virginia Beach.  
I know the pic looks crazy.  Josh had a hard time taking it while I was actually driving, but I don't care because I DROVE TODAY! 
It's been over a year since I've been behind the wheel for a long period of time.  I have tried around my neighborhood, but it hasn't worked well in the past.  I've been have a lot of really good days where my symptoms are really low, and today they were barely noticeable this morning when I woke.  I wanted to try.  I went to one location and then we had to drive farther out to another so I decided to just try.  Won't know until you jump right in...right?  
When I got out of the car, I did have some elevated symptoms but they went away in just a few minutes.  I didn't do the interstates, but I did drive some of the busiest roads in our area.
It was amazing to have that feeling of driving again.  I know I can do this, and it just brings me closer to my goal of driving on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment